The BEST pancakes you will ever make!


It was Pancake Tuesday (never to be known as "just Tuesday" again), and I was having some major cravings for a sweet breakfast treat. I decided I would seek out the best damn pancake recipe I could find and make them all for me!

Well Tony was gone to work, and I've been spending days at home trying hard not to do too much because Im hoping baby girl won't make an early appearance before my 40th week which is on Monday. I have been at home, cleaning and cooking and I LOVE every second of it!!
This recipe is super simple and I originally meant to share this for Valentines day, but we ended up going to dinner instead. 

Me and Tony aren't big on celebrating holidays or anything really, we just never felt the need to since almost everyday were doing something nice for each other. One thing we really love doing, is making a big breakfast together on the weekends and it usually includes hash browns, pancakes, coffee and a source of protein. 






Ingredients: 



1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour 
3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder 
1 teaspoon of salt 
1 tablespoon of white sugar 
1 1/4 cups of milk (we use almond milk) 
1 egg
3 teaspoons of butter, melted. 

optional: 1 teaspoon of vanilla OR any fruit of your choice. 
I have also added cinnamon to the mix and it tastes amazing! 


Directions: 


Mix together all wet ingredients (milk, eggs and melted butter) and whisk together in a small bowl.

In a large bowl add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and white sugar) by sifting or just mixing with a large spoon. 

Mix together both bowls, I used a whisk. 

I make sure my pan is on medium-high heat, add small drop of oil to a stick-less pan. 

I choose to make 3 small pancakes at a time, but its totally up to you if you like one giant pancake or small ones. 

I pour the batter on the pan and add any additional fruit of your choice. 

Flip when it is golden brown, and your done! 


Comments

back to top