August Favourites + Haul





Postpartum hair loss is really starting to get to me! I lost so much fullness and now my hair just feel limp and weak. So to change that I went and bought the number one best seller hair product called Olaplex in No.3. This product is a god sent! It was recently released to the general public to use, but a few years ago you could only get it on your hair at a salon; I feel like I could have done a whole blog post on Olaplex alone. No. 3 is The Bond Perfector which means it is NOT a conditioning treatment OR a leave-in treatment. It is meant to be shampooed out of your hair, and it must process for a minimum of 10 minutes, unless your hair is severely damaged you are to leave on for 20 minutes! Once a week is suggested for average hair, but again if it is severely damaged 2-3 times a week is recommended with your favourite moisture and protein treatments. 

Along with my Olaplex Treatment, I needed new shampoo and conditioner and thought I would give these a try from Goldwell's Rich Repair line. I loved the smell, which may be weird but it reminded me of getting my hair done in the salon. The Rich Repair Shampoo instantly reconstructs, and strengthens your hair from breakage as well as pumping it full of shine, while being as gentle as water. The Rich Repair Conditioner instantly increases comb ability and restores the natural elasticity, reduces hair breakage and of course these both are products that are built for being in-salon but now you can bring them home too!   

After shampooing, conditioning and treating my hair I need a little styling product! One line I have always been obsessed with is Big Sexy Hair. These never fail to amaze me and have always stayed true to what their product says it will due. Texture is something new to me, I have always had full Big* hair that never needed any products like that and I mostly stuck to oils for moisture. But the whole hair after a baby thing has been really turning my world upside down..SO I got Big Sexy Hair's  Full Bloom Long-Lasting Thickening Refreshing Spray does exactly what it says, and so does the Push Up Dry Thickening Spray. Both make my hair so big, and it does exactly what I want them to do. EXCEPT* I always feel like with any thickening spray they tend to leave your hair feeling heavy, and sticky. 

I have been asked a million times what I use for my face? and recently I have been OBSESSED with Drunk Elephant. This kit was "developed to balance and reset your skin to a healthy, youthful, and glowing state", and they come in a waterproof rubber case just incase of a spill. This amazing kit that I am just in love with comes with everything from a Jelly Cleanser, Eye Serum to a Luxury Facial Oil and even a Physical Defense SPF 30! Oh and another biggie about these products from Drunk Elephant is that this company only uses clean ingredients that either "directly benefit the skin's health or support the integrity and effectiveness" of their formulation. They are formulated without sulfates SLS and SLES, paragons, formaldehydes, coal tar, tricocarban and they have the Clean Seal.  

I have been obsessed with making my house smell nice, I mean who doesn't want their home to smell good? I recently purchased two wallflower fragrance plugs from Bath & Body Works. I bought two, one for the front foyer and one for our bedroom and the plugs that I bought are the double version which switches the fragrance every two days, so this way your nose won't get used to the same smell all the time. While I was at Bath & Body Works, they were having one of their 5 for $25 sales for hand soaps and I purchased a few good ones. 




Comments