G R A T E F U L









 Is it really a boat trip without someone falling asleep in the cubby? Its hard not too, when your literally getting rocked to bed by the waves, and when your listening to the sound of the water lapping against the bow of the boat. 

We woke up at home on a Saturday morning. Relaxed and ready to meet up with my parents to go for another awesome boat trip on Georgian Bay. Most of the morning was spent trolling along the West Shore of Penetang Harbour, in hopes of catching some perch. I didn’t pay much attention to the amount of fish they caught or what kind of fish they were, personally I would rather not make a personal connection to my food like that. 

Lunch time, we kept trolling to the “Worlds Famous Dock Lunch” where I split a (bad choice) large poutine and a mini hot dog with Tony and I had no doubt that I would get a tummy ache shortly after. 

One of my favourite moments yesterday was this moment, when Penelope realized she could kick her legs back and forth in the water, before she was still kind of unsure of this new element. Each time she would grow braver and braver, now I think she looks forward to dipping her toes in the cool water. It just makes my heart so happy watching my parents with my daughter, when I think back to when I was younger I would dream of this moment and think that this is the moment of true happiness. 



















 The next morning we woke bright and early, 5:30 am to be exact so Tone and my dad could go fishing. Those two have a love for fishing like no other, to be honest I could never be with a man who didn't like to fish because our family is all about that fishing life. 

As always, they came home with their catch of the day which was a salmon each. I love showing Penelope new things every day, today we got her to touch the fish and feel the slime and talk to her about this beautiful creature who gave its life so we could eat. I want her to have the same respect Tony and I have for the fish we catch. 






 He was so proud of his fish. Penelope loved it I promise, even thou in this picture she looks like she's trying to squirm her way out of there.





This August has been good to us, in all its warm air and water that is forever refreshing. I am at peace with things in my life right now, more than I have ever been before. I feel strongly that as a mom I am doing things the right way for us as a family, that Tony and my relationship is stronger than ever before and we grow more in love with each other and Penelope every single day.
I know that things won't always be this easy, and that the green crisp leaves will reluctantly turn to golds and reds soon.. but right now I am living in this happy moment with my little family and I could not be grateful.

Comments

back to top